Friday, January 7, 2011

Goodbye 2010. Hellooo 2011!

  

    The new year is filled with promise, renewals of life, and the proverbial "clean slate".  For some, it is the time to make resolutions, but not this girl.  I never liked New Year's resolutions.  Sorta like taking on all these impossible goals that set you up for a year of excuses, and all too often - failure.  I don't like to fail...at anything.

     I do know, that 2011 will be a great year for me.  Why you ask?  Well, the number "11" is similar to my zodiac sign for Gemini, "II".  The numbers also add up to '4', which is my birthday.  I really don't need any more affirmation than that.  I know what you're thinking, and yes, I make all of this stuff up to suit my needs.  It's my thing, let it go.

     Now, with all of these wonderful confirmations of good things to come,  I would like to share with you some of my "promises" to myself.  So here, right now, for all the cyber world to see, I will publicly make the following, very personal statements:

     I affirm to be more positive in 2011.  And I am positive I don't like to get up to go to work, mop my floors, or look at most of my mail.

    I am not going to drink any more.  I'm not going to drink any less, either.

    I am not doing to go on a diet, as I do not like most four letter words.  I will eat healthier, as long as  chocolate, Maytag blue cheese,  and King Crab Legs are considered "healthy".

    I will make more time for me and my Babe.  If that time happens to involve me slipping on my roller blades and going for a spin with him, it is not to be misconstrued as exercise, as that is a double four letter word (8 letters), which in some cases, is twice as bad as the aforementioned four letter words.  I just hope the Babe doesn't mistaken this for my wanting to get on a fitness program.  That would make him oh so happy.

    And lastly, for the next 364 days, I will wake each morning and repeat the extremely relevant words of the literary realist, Henry James-




 "Three things in human 
life are important.  
The first is to be kind.  
The second is to be kind.  
And the third is to be kind."


     Happy 2011,  and may your year be filled with kindness, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment