Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Comfort comes in many forms...



Okay, okay... I'll admit it.  I was a bit depressed Sunday night after the Super Bowl.  All of my emotions, thoughts, and excitement built up over the past two weeks, and I just knew my Pittsburgh Steelers were going to do it, bring home the championship, and set the new NFL record of seven Super Bowl wins!  I just knew it!

Unfortunately, my psychic abilities were a bit off.  We lost.  The Green Bay Packers played an awesome game, and deservedly won.  Their fans were gracious, making my loss (yes, I know I sound like it's personal and all about me) slightly easier to swallow.  Congratulations, Green Bay.  I mean it.


I could tell Babe, and even our labradoodles were starting to worry about me.  Still reeling yesterday, and feeling myself spiral even further downward, I knew I had to do something about it.   Something to lift my spirits and pull my sorry self out of my Steelers-lost-the-Super-Bowl-and-now-I-have-to-wait-7-months-for-football-to-return-to-my-life funk.

It would have to be something major.  Something drastic.  And something involving peanut butter...



Better Than Prozac Cookie Bars



4 cups miniature marshmallows
3/4 cup peanut butter
8 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup white chocolate chips

Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick cooking oil.
In microwave safe bowl, heat the peanut butter and marshmallows for 2 minutes, stir, and heat for an addition minute if needed.  Stir until smooth.  Add in the Rice Krispies and white chocolate chips, and mix until blended.  Pat into your prepared baking pan, and see if you can wait until they cool before you devour them.  

Eat happy - don't let life get you down, it's just a game - LIVE HAPPY!




No comments:

Post a Comment