Monday, April 18, 2011

180 days...



     On April 10th, the Babe and I celebrated our six month anniversary.  For all you naysayers that thought is wouldn't last, I bet you feel pretty silly now.

Of course we celebrated our anniversary with an incredible bottle of  Amarone.


     The craziness of the past 180 days included our adjusting to living under one roof, learning each others little idiosyncrasies,  realizing my chaos is not always a bad thing, nor is the Babe's rigidness.  I learned that it is impossible for the Babe to not flood the bathroom counter when he shaves.  He learned that it is not possible for me to put things back where they belong (which I am sure, drives him crazy).



But most importantly, I have learned much more since our perfect wedding day...

I learned that loving the right man is effortless.  It's like breathing.

I learned that waking up next to the Babe is the perfect way to start my day.

I learned that a second of his smile warms my soul.

I learned that loving each others kids, dogs and family, makes our hearts that much bigger.

I learned that no matter how bad my day was, coming home to him always makes it better.

I learned that having the right partner makes life's challenges so much easier. 

I learned that little pesky things in life aren't worth wasting a moment of happiness over.

I learned that our Happy Hours for two are the best ever. 

And, I learned that knowing deep down in my heart, that I fell in love with the perfect man for me, makes me the luckiest girl in the world. 

Happy anniversary, Babe, and here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment