Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sausage Dip ala Leslie

Today I went to my sweet niece, Jo Jo's 4th birthday party and brought along a crowd favorite.  I had my first taste of this outrageously delicious dip about three years ago when my angel of a sister-in-law, Leslie, made it for us.  To die for.  It is also the recipe most requested, perfect for football Sundays, and VERY easy to put together.  For my friends Jill and Shawn that were at the party today, here ya go:

Sausage Dip


Brown two packages of Jimmy Dean's sausage in a deep skillet, or electric pan.  I usually use one hot and one regular sausage, but you can substitue either way.  Add in 1 large chopped sweet onion and let simmer 5 - 7 minutes.  Drain off fat.



Stir in two cans of Rotel tomatoes, and mix well.  Add two 8 oz packages of cream cheese and cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to start melting in all it's glory.  I like to add in a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot sauce, since the Babe likes his spicy.



Add 8 oz of sour cream, and stir well.  Allow the mixture to simmer, uncovered, till thickened.  It won't take long.


I keep mine in a small crock pot set on low, and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.  You probably won't have to look for a Tupperware container for any leftovers.

This went perfectly with our Bloody Marys.  Eat happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment