Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Little Mashugana



The Babe and I were invited to our first Passover Seder.  Gentiles that we are, we had no idea what to expect or more importantly, how to behave.  So, naturally, I called my sister Debbie in New York - the closest expert on yiddish, and all things Jewish.  She was the first gentile accepted into a Jewish sorority at Penn State, quite an honor, so we knew we could turn to her for guidance.  At this point, the only word the Babe knew was "mashugana", which means crazy.  We needed help.

Debbie gave us a crash course.  Our Seder hosts, Ken and Tara, were wonderful.  The dinner was delicious.  And the Babe and I were able to not make putzs of ourselves!  We are very much looking forward to our next Passover...if we get invited back.



Debbie was so proud, she sent us this incredible gift of MashugaNuts - "pecans wrapped in an outrageously  gorgeous coat of cripy cinnamon meringue". D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!  They went perfectly with our Crystal Head Vodka on-the-rocks martinis.  We couldn't get more spiritual.  Well, we could, but it was Happy Hour.

Drink happy, you little mashuganas!

No comments:

Post a Comment